Thursday, December 30, 2010

CULT OF THE GIANT ISHI POINTS



(above giant Ishi points made by Emory Coons)

CULT OF THE GIANT ISHI POINTS



I have always liked giant points. I chased the Ted Orcutt legacy as a kid and lately I am amazed by the work of Cole Hust, Jim Winn, Jim Spears, Bob Hunt and other giant biface makers. I however don't do much percussion knapping and usually make arrowheads and small knives. Lately I have been concentrating on Ishi points for a book that Hugo Name is putting out at the University Buenos Aires. So I decided to make a 40 inch Ishi point, complete with Ishi type notches. This one is dedicated
to Cole.

NOTCHED ISHI STYLE






Here is Cole with one of his smaller White Deer Dance Bifaces. I am working on an article about him for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment